Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Ramblings

Ok. There are only 3 more days of 2009 left. Christmas has come. Christmas has gone. Hausta lavista holiday season. This time of year makes me want to “do it all over again.” I remember asking as a child, “ Can we rewrap the presents and open them again tomorrow?” It wasn’t that I was sad that I didn’t have more “stuff,” I just didn’t want that sense of anticipation and excitement to end. This time of year, with the new year approaching, I search my thoughts for what I can anticipate with excitement…. Snow falling, warm cups of tea, decorating my house with snowflakes and snowmen, wearing mittens and scarves, watching my daughter learn to sit up, searching her gums for that first tooth, and hearing her first giggle. There is so much to stop and be thankful for. The holidays are over, but the real gift of Christmas, the gift of Jesus, is one that we can daily be humbled by and joyful of. What are you thankful for this winter?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Peace

Love

Joy

Time is Speeding By!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers